Monday, January 11, 2010

Readying for Ragnarok

A workout journal/log thing. Gonna try to keep track of workouts in here and such.

Todays workout, I dub "Atlas' Burden."

With such a name you'd probably expect a great deal of weight to be involved, well, you'd be wrong. I don't have a great deal of weight at home, so that's a no go. I call it Atlas' Burden because it killed my shoulders. The workout is pretty simple and can be done by just about anyone with a garage and a few simple tools.

It's 5 rounds consisting of 5 minutes each, 1 minute rest in between.
1 minute of fast rope jumping, followed by 30 seconds of sledgehammer swings into an old rimless car tire.
This leaves 30 seconds at the end after the last set of tire swings for each round, I grabbed the rope and did high knee sprint style jumping for it, fast, like a t-rex was chasing me.

It killed my shoulders, probably due to the fact that I haven't done any sledgehammer work in months.

I might do something later tonight if my shoulders feel better, probably a deck of cards workout or two. More on that later..

No comments:

Post a Comment